All students in the Dover Area School District should expect to receive their busing information via mail by August 14th. Please review the information and contact our transportation department with any concerns/questions. Please note that for the 2015-2016 year, you may notice an extra 10 minutes to our afternoon elementary bus runs. The additional 10 minutes will ensure there is ample time between secondary and elementary routes in the afternoon.
The DASD would like to thank the Dover Lions Club for their generous donation and construction of the tennis rebound board located in the HS tennis courts!
2015-2016 All Seasons Sports Physicals for Grades 7-12
2015-2016 All Seasons Sports Physicals for grades 7 - 12 will be held at the Dover High School cafeteria on these dates:
- Monday August 3 - Athletes A - L, 6:00 to 8:00 PM
- Monday, August 10 - Athletes M - Z, 6:00 to 8:00 PM
The fee of $20 will cover all sports.
Weigelstown Elementary Staff Create New Memorial Garden
Did you ever wonder what teachers do in the summer? Weigelstown Elementary Staff cleaned up the memorial garden and created a new garden in the courtyard in memory of Mrs. Karen Lingg, grade 1 teacher, who passed away in June.
Governor Wolf Announces Revision to Background Checks
On June 10, 2015, Governor Wolf announced changes to background checks requirements. Below are highlights of some of the new changes announced by Governor, Tom Wolf on June 10, 2015. The entire press release can be found by clicking here.
Effective July 25, 2015:
- Fees for child abuse clearances and criminal background checks required by the Child Protective Services Law will be waived for volunteers working with children.
- Additionally, the Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) will be reducing the cost of both the child abuse and criminal history record checks from $10 to $8 for all other applicants.
- Beginning July 1, 2015, volunteers are required to obtain background checks, including the Child Abuse History Clearance, issued by the DHS, and the Criminal History Record Check, issued by the PSP.
A comprehensive list of persons required to get clearances is as follows:
- Child care service employees;
- Foster parents and adult household members;
- Prospective adoptive parents and adult household members;
- Individuals 14 year of age or older applying for a paid position as an employee responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children;
- Any individual seeking or provide child-care services under contract with a child-care facility or program;
- School employees governed by public school code and those not governed by the public school code (colleges and universities).
Invitation to Visit Intermediate School
Parents/guardians and students entering 7th grade at the Intermediate School for the 2015-2016 are invited to come visit the school on:
- July 23 from 8:00am - 11:00am
- August 6 from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- August 17 from 12:00pm - 3:00pm
We ask parents/guardians to bring in your students, walk the halls, and become familiar with our building. There will be no teachers, and the halls may be messy, but we would like to give everyone an informal opportunity to visit.
Summer Meals Locator
Schools or families can use any of the following methods to locate sites that serve free meals to children during the summer:
- Call 211
- Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
- Text “MEALPA” to 877877 during the summer months
- Visit the website: www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks (note, this replaces the whyhunger.org website)
- Use the site locator for smartphones - Rangeapp.org
For additional information about the Summer Food Service Program please contact Mary Ringenberg at email@example.com